Nut butter is a spreadable paste made by grinding any nuts into a smooth and pasty consistency. Making nut butter at home sounds complicated, but it is straightforward. However, you will need a food processor or a good blender just like Vitamix and Ninja for making nut butter.
The nut butter can be made with almond, cashews, or peanuts. The resulting butter will somewhat be different in textures depending on nuts and the combination of nuts used. Moreover, homemade nut butter is healthy, affordable, and yummier than store-bought. On the other hand, you can make it as little or as much as you wish.
Here’s the complete process of how to make nut butter at home.
- Chose the base: First of all, select the nuts for making butter. Nut butter can be made with a single nut and a combination of nuts. It depends on personal preference.
- Roast: Secondly, roast the nuts in the microwave or oven; if not available, you can use a nonstick pan also. Roasting of nuts brings out more flavors. Moreover, it is also helpful in the quicker blending process. Be sure to cool down the nuts before processing; otherwise, it may be harmful to your food processor.
- Put the nuts into a food processor or blender: You can put the nuts into a high-speed blender or a nut butter food processor for blending.
- Blending: Then, you will start the blender for making smooth and creamy nut butter. However, you will notice that there are many stages in which the nuts go through before becoming creamy and smooth.
Which are described below:
- Crumby texture: First, you notice that nuts convert into like crumbs.
- Clumping in a ball: Then, you will see that nuts clumping into a ball.
- Sandy paste: then, you notice that when you keep processing the clump will break down and change into a sandy paste.
- Smooth nut butter: Finally, the process is complete and nuts change into a smooth and creamy butter.
Customize the flavour!
Once you are done with blending your homemade nut butter, you can also customize. You can add a pinch of salt in butter for customizing its flavour. However, if you like, you can also add a little bit of cinnamon or other spice and blend the butter again for few seconds.
Moreover, if you like very thick butter, you can add honey or maple syrup. Coconut oil is sometimes also used for changing the texture of nut butter.
Benefits of nut butter
Following are some benefits of nut butter.
- It is useful for controlling weight.
- Helpful for stabilizing the blood sugar.
- Nut butter is full of healthful nutrients like vitamins E or B6, folic acid, zinc, copper, etc.
- It includes minerals like manganese and selenium.
- Protect against colon cancer.
- Good cholesterol controller.
- Keep the lining of blood vessels healthy and stretchy, which prevents heart problems.
- It is suitable for muscles, bones, nerves, blood pressure, and even DNA, or genetic material.
Ways to use nut butter
Here are some different and creative ways to use nut butter.
- It is a perfect and quick topping for your oatmeal. It can spice up your bland oatmeal into a healthy, delicious snack.
- You can blend it into your smoothie. It also helps in improving the texture of the smoothie.
- You can mix it in your cookie batter. It is excellent suitable for butter.
- It can also be used into your brownies or cake batters.
- You can bake it into muffins and then use it on the top of muffins.
- Use as a filling for dates.
- You can use it in homemade granola bars.
- Use to make bliss balls.
- You can use it to top your banana pops.
- Use it for upgrading your jelly sandwiches.
- You can mix it in the soup.
- Nut butter goes perfectly with pumped popcorn.
- You can use it as a dairy alternative.
- It can be used as a sauce.
- You can use nut butter as a salad dressing.
- It would be best if you use it in your main dishes.
- Nut butter and desserts are harmonious. You can use it as an ingredient and topping too.
- You also use it as a feed for birds.
- Also, you use it as a hair mask for healthy hair.